[Gta04-owner] Donations to investigate suspend current?

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Thu Apr 10 01:49:12 CEST 2014

Hi All,

There was a big jump in gta04 suspend current between 3.7 and 3.11
kernels.  This is still an issue in 3.12. I have not yet tried 3.14 or
3.15.  As far as I know nobody knows where the extra milliamps are
going.  Would it make sense to collect donations specifically to fund
some thermal imaging to see what has changed?  There was a call a few
days ago for donations to fund kernel development, but I wonder if more
people would donate to support a more specific goal.

The imaging work wouldn't necessarily need to be done by Goldelico, but
anyone with the knowledge to set up the test and interpret the results.
I see that some home-improvement stores in the US now rent FLIR cameras,
but not any in my state.  I'm also not confident that I would  be able
to collect reliable results.

Ben