[Gta04-owner] Suspend power consumption overview

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Jan 31 10:19:08 CET 2013

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 09:57:47 AM Alexander Rumyantsev wrote:

> Hello
>
> With Replicant-2.3 I get power consumption which present at 2 pictures
> in attachment. ( Full charge - suspend about 7 hours - shapshots ). Cell
> standby looks too high.
> Please, could somebody give me/point me simile overview figures to
> compare.
> I try to search over threads, but can see only info about different
> detail power consumption.

Hi,
GTA04 battery can measure power consumption very well. Most important files
are:

	/sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/current_now
	/sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_now

You can dump current_now to see actual consumption.

You can use charge_now to see how much of battery was eaten during suspend.
There is somewhere mail from Neil Brown, maybe this one will lead you there:

	http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2012-August/002853.html

if you want to take look at code search for "avgCurrent" here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/devices/gta04/server/neosuspend.cpp

So with these 2 files you can measure exact power consumption. You should see
values ~200mA when the phone is running and ~15mA in suspend.

To lower the power to minimum please make sure:

1/ rfkill all that you dont currently use - you should do:

	rfkill block gps
	rfkill block bluetooth

2/ use latest Neil Brown's kernel - it has enable_off_mode that saves ~7mA

3/ make sure that your sound card is setup correctly - specifically the
control 'Voice route' can eat ~5mA, see this commit:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/84fb56edbeeef54a12ce27d79cbceccbea144a1b

Btw how do you build replicant? Are you using replicant git and howtos for it?
Do you have some custom patches? Is it possible to install it on single
partition now?

Regards

Radek