[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.5 on GTA04

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 24 10:03:27 CEST 2012

On Friday, August 24, 2012 09:27:47 AM NeilBrown wrote:

> > While i was working on these new features I have noticed one strange
> > thing. The device took in suspend 21..25mA. After reboot it is back at
> > ~35 mA. So i wonder what could have triggered the low power in suspend.
> > I cant reproduce it anymore ;-(
>
> I wish I knew.  I've seen similar things but haven't had a chance to look
> into it yet.  I'll try to pay a bit more attention and see if I can see a
> pattern.

I seems that "rfkill block gps" is the magical command. Now i am seeing values
around 23mA. I also measured charge_now over night and this is result:

Thu Aug 23 22:52:20 CEST 2012
730422
Fri Aug 24 07:27:40 CEST 2012
530323

So according to your formula:

(first_number - last_number) * 3600 / (last_timestamp - first_timestamp)

(730422 - 530323) * 3600 / 30920 = 23,3mA

This is big improvement for me. I had 34mA before.

> > Btw have you noticed that in 3.4 or 3.5 kernel you can wake the device
> > from suspend with touchscreen?
>
> No I hadn't.  My phone is configured to enter suspend immediately whenever
> there is not a good reason to be awake (and e.g. power button press means
> there is good reason to be awake for 15 seconds - screen taps extend that
> etc).

QtMoko works quite the same - after you lock the screen it suspends after 3s
and keeps suspending until you slide the unlock icon.

In fact i quite like this. I dont like pressing POWER button, touchscreen is
much more comfortable for me. Maybe we could call it feature :)

> Script doesn't seem to match the doco...
> Doco (GTA04A4-3_System_Manual_Complete.pdf) says:
>  0 -> 1 turns it on
>  1 -> 0 -> 1 -> 0  turns it off:
>
> Power is controlled through GPIO186. Setting the GPIO to “1“ (for at least
> 200 ms) turns the module on and it will register itself on the internal
> USB port. Setting the GPIO to 0 and 1 again prepares for power-down5 and
> the final edge going to 0 turns the module off. In that state it draws
> <100 uA and can be waked up by another switch to 1. Therefore these pulses
> should be 0-1-0 for approx. 300 ms.

Ahh oki, i didnt write the script and couldnt even test it (had A3 at that
time). So i will try to fix it and report result.

Regards

Radek