[Gta04-owner] Antwort: Re: GTA04A5 - IrDA

Joerg Eesmann jeesmann at gmx.de
Tue Jan 8 21:37:50 CET 2013

Hi Sven,
I worked with Irda under Linux a few years ago. The result of an Irda
device under Linux is a socket. So I guess you found out the right
source I guess. You can attach (with irattach iirc) to that socket and
gain a serial connect via Irda. I would guess, that the source file is
only the transport layer.
So if you integrate that source and gain the Irda-Socket, the rest
should work out of th box.
br
joerg

PS: I attached my wrapper in C++ to open an Irda connection via IrLmp.