[Gta04-owner] GTA04A5 - was 8mW sleep for Beagle Board

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jan 7 18:55:52 CET 2013

Am 07.01.2013 um 04:56 schrieb NeilBrown:

> On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 11:51:38 +0100 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

>>> I wonder about the HW changes - if they can be also applied on GTA04.
>>
>> It is on the GTA04A5 todo list. At least the "disable 26MHz oscillator" patch.
>>

> What else is on the A5 todo list?  I'm particularly hoping that inserting the
> headset plug will cause an interrupt.
> Any chance of seeing the schematics before you commit to them :-?

Yes, that is planned to be finalized this week.

Important (i.e. kernel relevant) changes are so far:
* power down 26 MHz oscillator through switching off VPLL1 (tbc.)
* LIS302 option removed completely
* LSM303 option removed completely
* BMA180 / HMC5883 replaced by BMC050
* GPS-chip has 1 second pulse - connected to GPIO114 (was connected to LIS302)
* IrDA can be separately enabled/disabled (GPIO175 or TGPIO7 - tbc.)
* TCA8418 replaced by FFC connector (for external keyboard)
* there will be an optional connection that a 3G wakeup can simulate pressing the power key (tbc.)
* switch in headset jack will pull down a GPIO if no headset is inserted (tbc.)
* RESET-OUT from UMTS module connected to a GPIO so that it is possible to detect if it is really running (tbc.)

Some options are a little critical and can't be tested before building the first devices.
So there will be hardware options to disable/remove them if they don't work well enough.

Non-software related changes replace some obsolete components, improve the
GPS antenna switch, reduce noise generated by SD card interface, and make a
really complete case kit possible with components from continued production.

But at the moment it does not look as if there is any demand for a GTA04A5 board.
So far there is exactly 1 preorder for a GTA04A5 board...