[Gta04-owner] Sound devices in the GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Jan 2 20:28:22 CET 2013

NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> writes:

> "Phone Headset" seems nearly identical to "PhoneEarpiece".  The only
> significant difference is that "Earpiece Playback Volume" is '1'
> instead of '3'.
[...]

Hi Neil,

Many thanks for all your advice and answers.  Amusingly I've now learned
enough to discover that my headset is incorrectly wired - clearly I
wasn't paying enough attention when that conversation was going on
recently - but I think also enough to prepare a correct set of A3 state
files.

Out of interest, what do you do for in-call audio?  (I hope I'm correct
in thinking that you have an A3.)  My current summary is:

- Using Pulseaudio successfully for the software routing, but...

- With Earpiece/Speaker there's echo (for the other person), and I
  haven't had success yet with any echo cancellation software.

- With Headset I'm now blocked until I can find a correctly wired one.
  (I have a 2.5mm/3.5mm adapter coming in the post.)

- With Bluetooth I haven't tried yet, but I think I have a Bluetooth
  headset lying around somewhere, so hope to try that shortly.

Regards,
        Neil