[Gta04-owner] Build script for GTA04/wheezy/armhf

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 27 14:47:06 CET 2013

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:21:52 AM Neil Jerram wrote:

> Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:
> > I just noticed that my last pdebuild-cross build and debian/rules have a
> > "-marm" option that I didn't have in that build, so I'll try adding that.
>
> That helped, and with a few further changes I can now build for
> wheezy/armhf.  The complete set of build-related changes is attached.
>
> 0003-Build-script-for-GTA04-wheezy-armhf.patch
>
> I've also removed the use of pulseaudio from my codebase, and so avoided
> having to solve the libpulsecommon problem mentioned in debian/rules.
> People who want to build for themselves and keep pulseaudio, see what
> debian/rules does.
>
> There are other good things that debian/rules does but which I don't yet
> have in my build, such as using the system sqlite.  I may eventually
> copy those across, but for me the immediate priority was to get back to
> having a working incremental build system.
>
> Finally a brief comment on this method as compared with the other build
> methods that are available, and have been recently discussed.
>
> - The pdebuild-cross method works well, but AFAICS only does complete
>   starting-from-scratch builds.  I.e. it's something to use to prepare a
>   package for deployment when you're already sure that all the code
>   works.
>
> - Native building on the GTA04 is cool, but I don't really want to spare
>   8Gb of my SD card for this, and it's also reported to be slow.
>
> - I haven't yet tried QEMU at all, but again, IIUC, it is rather slow.
>
> I hope I haven't misrepresented or misunderstood anything there.
> Assuming I haven't, IMO the qtmoko-chroot.sh method is still very much
> needed for efficient incremental development.

Hi Neil,
nice to know that it works. I looking at the patch i wonder how to commit it -
because i want to keep armel build for GTA02. Maybe we could have add split
your patched qtmoko-chroot.sh to qtmoko-chroot-armhf.sh and we could commit
rest of the patch as is (qmake.conf and others). So that GTA04 will be by
default armhf - i guess no one is now probably interested in GTA04/armel build
now...?

Does it sound ok?

Regards

Radek