[Gta04-owner] Sporadic USB charging issue identified

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Feb 20 07:55:48 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:22:07 +1100
NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:25:07 +0100 Dr.H.Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>
> wrote:
>
> > So how do we get a good solution into the drivers?
> >

> I find it easier to think about solutions when I know exactly what is
> currently happening.
> So I would add some printk in the various interrupt handlers so that we know
> exactly what interrupts happen when, and what values are in the relevant
> registers at that time.

There are even enough debug printk which just wait do be enabled...

Just keep in mind another scenario: I found that there are many usb
cables with underdimenioned power lines. So you'll have a voltage drop
below the VBUSUNPLGEN/VBUSVT threshold when charging with full 600mA.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade