[Gta04-owner] Sporadic USB charging issue identified

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Feb 19 22:22:07 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:25:07 +0100 Dr.H.Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>
wrote:

> So how do we get a good solution into the drivers?

I find it easier to think about solutions when I know exactly what is
currently happening.
So I would add some printk in the various interrupt handlers so that we know
exactly what interrupts happen when, and what values are in the relevant
registers at that time.
Then compare the results between:
 - your partial unplug scenario which leaves the battery not charging
 - a normal full unplug / replug scenario which leaves the battery charging.

Maybe there is a bug or a race or something.  Or maybe not.  But details
help guide decisions.

NeilBrown