[Gta04-owner] Antwort: Re: MMCX connector

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Tue Feb 19 11:29:06 CET 2013

Hello Nikolaus,

> They are as specified by the manufacturer and using more solder paste
gives risk
> of the component swimming away and giving short circuits.
> Since we have not yet ordered PCBs for the GTA04A5 we can try to make
some
> modifications.

ok, perhaps it may already help if you make them carefully only little bit
bigger.

> The main problem is that the connector may be stuck in the case and when
lifting
> the PCB whilte the connector is still in the case introduces a very
strong leverage
> force.

Your system manual gives a very good explanation that one needs to pay
much caution on this connector when removing the board out of the case.
But I'm talking about the use case of simply plugging in an external
antenna. When doing this reasonably carefully, I would expect the contacts
of the connector to survive, even when doing this more than once...   ;-)

Best regards
   Sven