[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52: I can not hear the caller

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 8 20:41:15 CET 2013

Am 08.02.2013 um 20:23 schrieb ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de:

> Hi,

>>> Because I own an a4 I used ".../opt/qtmoko/etc/als/a4/...
>>
>> Hehe - it's not typo - please use a3.
>
> using ".../a3/..." shows the same error as ".../a4/...":
> root at neo:/root# pasuspender /restore-earpiece.sh
> Connection failure: Connection refused
> root at neo:/root# paplay /home/root/Documents/Alarm_Beep_01.ogg
> Connection failure: Connection refused
>
> Thank you for help, Radek.
>

> If anyone has another good idea to prove if the earpiece is working
> using software (I do not want to disassemble the gta04 myself), I would
> be happy.

You could repeat the factory test by using the hw-validation image
(or the version in NAND if you don't want to create another SD card):

	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/20121212-GTA04-Production/

And run these commands through ssh:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Sound/#wikititle_3

(You should also run

	amixer set HandsfreeL off
	amixer set HandsfreeR off

before to make sure the speakers are off).

> Otherwise I will send the phone back within the next week..

BR,
Nikolaus Schaller