[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52: I can not hear the caller

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Feb 9 00:31:46 CET 2013

"ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de" <ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de> writes:

> using ".../a3/..." shows the same error as ".../a4/...":
> root at neo:/root# pasuspender /restore-earpiece.sh
> Connection failure: Connection refused
> root at neo:/root# paplay /home/root/Documents/Alarm_Beep_01.ogg
> Connection failure: Connection refused

It sounds like the pulseaudio server is not running on your phone.
Maybe it is not running at all, for some reason?  Or maybe it starts,
hits some kind of problem, terminates, starts again, hits the problem
again, and so on.

To investigate that, you could:

(a) use 'top', 'pstree' or 'ps' to see if pulseaudio appears to be
running at all

(b) do '/etc/init.d/sysklogd start' to enable logging, then look in
/var/log/messages to see if there is any evidence of pulseaudio running
and/or hitting a problem.

Regards,
        Neil