[Gta04-owner] bq27000-battery: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Mon Feb 4 22:49:16 CET 2013

On 02/04/2013 05:52 AM, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Sunday, February 03, 2013 10:52:34 PM EdorFaus wrote:
>  > When resuming the phone from suspend (e.g. with the power button), it
>  > usually takes longer for the phone to update the battery charge
>  > indicator than it takes for it to go back to sleep (since it's locked).

>  > I don't know where the problem is, or how/if it can be fixed, and
>  > haven't actually started looking into it much, but figured I'd throw it
>  > out there since we're talking about related things anyway.

I realized a while after sending this that I forgot to mention that this
also happens when the phone isn't suspended, e.g. if it's unplugged from
the charger while it's still charging.

While the backlight changes within a couple seconds, it usually takes
closer to ten seconds before the battery indicator adds/removes the
lightning bolt and the charging LED turns on/off. (Since those happen at
the same time, I assume they are connected somehow, while the backlight
isn't.)

If it was locked, it sometimes ends up going back to sleep before it
turns off the charging LED, which means it doesn't turn off until the
phone wakes up again for some other reason...

> Yup, it's annoying. I think it can be quite easy fixed by forcing update
> the battery info after resume.

That would fix the part I actually remembered to mention, and (assuming
they are connected) also the charging indication problem if the phone
was suspended when charging stopped/started, but not if it was awake at
the time... I suppose that part might require a second fix though, if
one fix can't easily handle both cases.

There wouldn't happen to be some event (from the kernel or otherwise)
that we can listen to for the charging start/stop, would there?
(Since the backlight delay is variable, I suspect not, and that it is
simply using a shorter timer - but I could easily be wrong.)

Regards,
Frode Austvik