[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Fri Aug 30 12:16:42 CEST 2013

> We can get back to finding even better workarounds later...

Hard coding AT_OPSYS is nothing else than another ugly workaround that
should be avoided.

And for GTA04 users that are not so experienced like us hard coded
degrading from 3G to 2G produces the side effect that it tries to tell
them how to use their device, because it forces them to make their own
programming in case they want to continue to use their phone as before
instead.

So we're talking about creating a new ugly workaround in any case. The
only question is: Which one?

So here I have a perhaps Salomonic proposal for you:
Let QtMoko v56 present a dialog to the user, that only offers threee
choices for modem setting...

- 2G (stable)
- 3G (unstable)
- keep current setting untouched