[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Aug 29 10:50:45 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 05:30:57 PM Radek Polak wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 05:15:48 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > Am 28.08.2013 um 16:50 schrieb Radek Polak:
> > >
> > > I am not using SMS very much, so cant tell. For me it happens when the
> > > other side hangs up - so no need to answer the call.
> >
> > Ok, good to know.
> >
> > So it appears to be tied to the RING mechanism since:
> > * outgoing calls are not affected
> > * no need to answer the call
> > * may or may not happen on SMS
> >
> > Does it happen at the moment the other side hangs up or at the moment the
> > ring starts? Or is it not yet possible to decide between these cases
> > (e.g. because of lack of precision to time the events)?
>
> I'll keep running my dial scripts and focus on this to confirm or deny it.
> Unfortunately the phone now somehow started to behave much better and
> reenumerate is not well reproducible. Could it be that my battery is now
> charged full?

Well i seems that my phone somehow lost the ability to easily reproduce this
problem. I think that it has lost it after playing with AT_OPSYS. My GTA04 is
brand new and i havent used AT_OPSYS command until yesterday. And until
yesterday it used to reenumerate during like 25% of the phone calls. Yesterday
i did 170 calls and only one reenumerate. Today i did 170 and 0 reenumerates
(even when the phone is on low battery). I cant easily reproduce reenumerates
even with:

	AT_OPSYS=2,3

Maybe i should try all the AT_OPSYS combinations. In the mean time i'll
prepare QtMoko v56 which uses AT_OPSYS=0,2 (this line was commented in v55
because i believed that the reenumerate is fixed in kernel with the RING
patch).

Regards

Radek