[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Aug 27 00:56:03 CEST 2013

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:59:52 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Monday, August 26, 2013 12:47:42 PM Radek Polak wrote:

> > > Well, it's worth a try!
> > >
> > > I get a _lot_ of flack about not being reachable from my wife, who
> > > repeatedly calls on me to drop the GTA project and get another phone
> > > so I am reliably reachable again :-(
> >
> > I just tried the patch and it does not help with our problem :(
>
> Btw the reenumaration happens even without suspend/resume at all.

That at least can be fixed I think.
Just revert 8446a5252c21648d80c10282fe555f310c86 in my 3.7-gta04 branch.
I copied it from
   http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-commits/2011-August/033297.html
though that doesn't appear to exist any more...
This seems similar:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.meego.scm/26609/

Anyway I reverted that and the "GTA04 enable off mode" patch and now I only
get a reenummeration every couple of days.

NeilBrown