[Gta04-owner] Android gadget driver

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Aug 2 16:59:12 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

> The new 3.11-rc3 kernel is starting to get better and better [1].
>
> I don't have an overview about missing Android support kernel functions yet, but the android gadget driver is definitively missing [2].
>
> So what is the most easy way to get one? Is is there some Gitweb to look into the Replicant kernel commits?
>
> I think it would be the easiest path if I can find some commit(s) and apply (& fix) them to the 3.11 kernel instead of trying to port it again from somewhere.
>
> BR,
> Nikolaus
>
> [1]: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/neil-3.1x-plus
> [2]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/473

I have to add that according to

	http://elinux.org/Android_Mainlining_Project

there has been activities to write a "Configurable Composite Gadget - reincarnation of Android Composite Gadget".

The code did appear in "staging" in Linux 3.5 and was moved somewhere else after 3.9.

So there might already be something in 3.11 that we just need to enable (and maybe help to fix if it has bugs).