[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 23:12:58 CEST 2013

On Thursday 04 April 2013 12:48:32 Bob Ham wrote:
> > masses and handle all the service and return requests because people
> > don't understand how to insert the battery.
>
> I think it's possible to sell highly technical products to "the masses"
> without worrying too much about support minutia.
The worrying in this case means: higher price.

Selling a complete device, as opposed to replacement parts, falls under a
different warranty. It means, depending on where in the EU, somewhere between
one and 3 years (mostly it's 2 I think, but in the Netherlands for example,
there's some kind of "fair use extension" which means that expensive devices
should give consumers a bit more rights than their warranty implies).

The warranty would mean at least 10% increase for low volumes, and commercial
support also takes time, even if there's a fantastic mailinglist available.

Well, it's another point that does not help ;-)

Best regards,

Boudewijn