[Gta04-owner] Extremely low microphone sensitivity

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Wed Apr 3 13:47:08 CEST 2013

Hello Peter

On 04/02/2013 06:24 PM, Pong wrote:

> At last I installed the GTA04 in a donor Freerunner, and everything
> seems to be working fine. Except when I call my girlfriend, I scream
> my guts out, but she can only hear a faint whisper. I have tried to
> adjust everything with alsamixer during a call, and I can make echoes
> (at both ends) and all sorts of psychedelic effects. The only thing
> I can not produce is more volume. What do you think I should I do
> about that?

Does this happen only while calling your girlfriend? :-)

No seriously: Did yout try different targets: land-line or mobile? Is it
the same when you are not calling but being called?

Which software and which version of it are you using? QtMoko, SHR, ...?

What I would try first is to run the phone without front cover and check
if then there is still a problem with the microphone.

Next you could try to use arecord or whatever you like to record
something from the microphone and check if the volume-level is ok.

Greetings
Hermann