[Gta04-owner] Headset jack adapter

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri Sep 28 00:29:46 CEST 2012

Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini at free.fr> writes:

> I'm getting a bit worried about this jack plug :/
>
> Before playing soldering iron with my AD-56 adapter+mic, I've bought an
> AD-52 just to be sure I was on good track. But the result is the very
> same as before: as soon as I plug the headset, the phone constantly
> changes sound routing (there is a noticeable "click" every second or so)
> and I hear nothing from the headset but and intermittent loud buzz.
>
> Of course, the headset works fine with other devices, and I've tried
> other ones as well.
>
> My GTA04 runs QtMoko v48.
>
> What could be wrong?

When I was playing with a headset at the weekend, I noticed stack traces
in the kernel log, in the area of ALSA (snd_pcm_...), I think at the
same times as I was plugging and unplugging the headset.

So I think there's a significant SW element here - which is good,
because we can probably fix it eventually.

Of course, your precise experiences may still be different from mine...

Regards,
        Neil