[Gta04-owner] Bluetooth in QtMoko v48

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Sep 24 11:25:38 CEST 2012

Hi Neil,

Am 24.09.2012 um 10:48 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> Should bluetooth be working in v48?  My bluetooth settings page just says "Bluetooth not available."  Is that expected for v48, or a problem in my phone / setup?

did it work any time before?

According to my records you have an Early Adopter board (aka GTA04A3). That one may have a different baudrate stored in the flash memory of the bluetooth chip than the one QtMoko v48 assumes and all GTA04A4 units are shipped with.

You can either try the manual checks/settings as described here:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Wireless/#wikititle_9

or you run the hw-test script on the hw-validation kernel. This script tries several different baud rates until communication works, tries to temporarily switch to 3 MBit/s and finally makes this the default.