[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.5 v49-1 for GTA04 has DTMF bug again

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Sep 18 22:37:41 CEST 2012

Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini at free.fr> writes:

> Radek Polak a écrit , Le 17/09/2012 16:41:
>> The new version is here now:
>>
>> http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/debian/gta04/linux-image-3.5-qtmoko-
>> gta04_49-1_armel.deb
>
> Hi Radek,
>
> DTMF bug seems back with this kernel.

Do you mean that only the first DTMF tone works?

If so, that's expected because I haven't yet provided an updated fix for
that; my first attempt caused an SMS problem and so had to be reverted.
(Also note that it's a userspace issue, not kernel.)

I've been running an updated fix for a few days now, and it seems good,
but I was being cautious.  It's attached below now, and it would be good
if others can try and confirm that it doesn't reintroduce any SMS or
modem state problems.  (And also fixes the DTMF problem!)

Regards,
        Neil