[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v48 - Sound

Gilles Filippini gilles.filippini at free.fr
Sat Sep 15 15:00:16 CEST 2012

Radek Polak a écrit , Le 15/09/2012 14:02:
> On Saturday, September 15, 2012 01:18:33 PM Gilles Filippini wrote:
>> Radek Polak a écrit , Le 15/09/2012 08:21:
>>>
>>> Do you have older A3 or newer A4 model? On A3 the volumes are lower to
>>> avoid echo, but A4 should be loud enough in both directions.
>>
>> I guess this is an A4 since I received it last week. Where should I look
>> to know it with certainty?
>
> A4 has this sysfs file:
>
> 	/sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio55/value

This is an A4 then:
 root at neo:~# cat /sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio55/value
 1

>>> You can try switch scenario from context menu in call to handsfree or
>>> play with alsamixer during call.
>>
>> Aha. The context menu always wants me on headset. I have to manually
>> switch to earpiece. And on the next call it's headset again...
>>
>> How is this handled?
>
> On my phone there are two radio buttons:
>
> 	o Speaker
> 	o Earpiece
>
> Earpiece is default for every call. You can select Speaker to get loud volume.
>
> There should be no "headset" items unless you have headset jack plugged in.

On my phone, with qtmoko-gta04 v48 and no tuning, I have three radio
buttons:
* Speaker
* Earpiece
* Headphones

And Headphones is selected by default whereas no headset jack is plugged
in. I guess the problem lies in headset detection, then. Could this be a
hardware problem? In this case, is there a way to disable headset detection?

Thanks,

_g.