[Gta04-owner] Replicant images on GTA04 release

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Fri Sep 14 08:49:16 CEST 2012

Le mercredi 12 septembre 2012 à 15:20 +0200, calypso at riseup.net a
écrit :
> Hallo Paul,
> another feedback from Replicant on my gta04:
> Installation with skripts works smooth, although on bootloader-flashing
> my LED gives me "orange" for approx. 1 sec, then turns "green" for a
> second then turns black ...

That is perfectly normal. Orange means that kernel is loading into
memory, then it turns green during kernel boot and when booting is done,
it turns off and screen should turn on. The idea here is to avoid an
unnecessary LED to confirm that boot went OK (as long as the screen
works, it seems pretty obvious that boot worked).

> The system itself runs stable and with impressing speed! Great job ! :-)

Thanks!

> As you already mentioned, wakeup/resume doesn't work (only cursor on
> black screen). Calls seem to work (I heard my other phone ring). I
> didn't test USB but will give it a try tomorrow.
>
> Can you give us a more detailed Replicant help page to start with? I
> couldn't find more in-depth documentation on replicant.us.

Well, we don't provide a lot of "User guides" since the system is pretty
much the same as CyanogenMod or stock Android. Most of the technical
infos about Replicant (how to install, how to build, what's non-free in
each device we support, etc) are located on our wiki:
<http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki>.