[Gta04-owner] A few observations about current QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Sep 12 20:51:46 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 08:27:04 PM Neil Jerram wrote:

> Do you have any nice techniques for debugging problems like this?  Doing
> it by code reading and speculative changes is a bit slow in this case.

That's how i do it most of the time. For qtopiamail it would be also very nice
to have X11 QT/PC project.

> Ideally I'd like to use GDB to break into the program while it's running
> on my phone, and then step through it.  Do you know if that's possible?

Yes, just install gdb. Most often you want to debug whole qpe:

	. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
	gdb qpe

sometimes the symbols are loaded after you once start the app - most of the
apps are .so files.

If you want full stack traces then you can configure qtmoko with -debug switch.

Regards

Radek