[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v48 sound problems

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Oct 29 20:57:13 CET 2012

Am 29.10.2012 um 20:36 schrieb arne anka:

>> Somewhere during this, I found a suggestion of installing a v49 qtmoko kernel, to get some /sys files to look at, so I downloaded the .deb for that, installed it with dpkg -i, and rebooted. I'm not sure it took though, since uname -a still says v48, though apt-cache show says 49-1.
>
> i somewhat lost track of the current workings (and i don't know how your device is set up), but you may need to actaully _flash_ the kernel.
> just installing with apt or dpkg does not necessarily make it available to the device and it may still boot the old kernel.

With the new (and partially with the old) boot system, it will look at /boot/uImage on an SD card. I.e. installing a package works to upgrade the kernel.

If the Kernel *and* rootfs are in NAND, this does not work since they are stored in distinct NAND partitions. And it needs a flashing step to copy the kernel from /boot/uImage to the different NAND partition.