[Gta04-owner] Hints for installing QtMoko on recently delivered GTA04 boards

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Sat Oct 27 22:15:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

I recently installed QtMoko v48 on my GTA04 (I'm writing another email
about this, to come soon), following the old instructions (without
writing anything to NAND, at least AFAIK) - and it boots into QtMoko
just fine (at least apparently).

Although it currently works, should I delete those files from my FAT
partition anyway?

And further, should I do the equivalent of the new QtMoko instructions,
and delete everything except the uImage file?

(By the way, for me, there's no "boot" dir in that partition - just the
root dir of it (which holds those files and more), plus a "gta04-init"
dir. Am I correct in assuming your use of the "boot" dir was meant to
represent the mount point of the FAT partition?)

-Frode

P.S. New member of the list - this was the first email I received from
it. Seems like important info, so I guess I was lucky that I didn't wait
any longer to join... :)