[Gta04-owner] MLO/boot woes?

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 23:11:00 CEST 2012

On Monday 15 October 2012 22:25:59 Boudewijn wrote:
> On Monday 15 October 2012 06:25:53 Radek Polak wrote:
> > On Sunday, October 14, 2012 09:56:11 PM Boudewijn wrote:
> > > - debug via serial port
> >
> > You can debug a bit the gta04-init and boot (...) kernel messages will go
to LCD display.

> Thanks! When I've made any progress, I'll post an update.

Not an update per se: things work again now. I'm starting to suspect the uSD
cards, as they were not without issues when used for the root file system on
Freerunner (and SD cards in general are not optimized for anythign than
(ex)FAT, though I can not quickly dig up any supporting publications).

I actually found the system booting by accident: a colleague noticed the non-
fruity-phone, and asked about it. To give anything resembling a demonstration
I had to remove the uSD card and boot the HW validation kernel and use the
dial script to prove phone capabilities. (Contrary to demonstration best
practice, everything went flawless: from booting to dialing, and from speaking
via listening to hang up :-) ).
Being that at the end of the day, I forgot the SD card on my desk, only to
find it back this morning and putting it in the phone to prevent losing it.
The next time I paid attention to my 'Phoenix, QtMoko was telling me a message
had arrived. Not really believing in miracles, I rebooted the phone, only to
find it booting QtMoko with no issue. I haven't had time to check the other
systems on this (or the other) card yet.

Anyway: it leaves me some time to get an environment for building a kernel in
case things go bad later on.

Thanks again,

Boudewijn