[Gta04-owner] Absent Wi-Fi interface

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Fri Oct 12 22:35:05 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have received my GTA04 now (yay!).  I'm having problems with the Wi-Fi
interface though.  I've installed QtMoko v48 which has a 3.5.0 kernel
and the libertas-firmware package is installed.  Unfortunately, there is
no Wi-Fi network interface listed.

I have hso0, lo, pan0 and usb0 but never eth0 or wlan0.  The libertas
module is not loaded after boot.  I have modprobe'd libertas and no
interface appears.  The only information in dmesg is this line:

[ 3314.234374] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain

I have executed the "Turn on Wifi" and "Restart wifi" scripts via the
QtMoko menu.  Neither make an interface appear.  I have executed the
default Debian installation installed on NAND and cannot get an
interface there either.

The odd thing is that bluetooth works fine.  This is odd because as I
understand it, bluetooth and wifi are on the same silicon.

I fear there may be a hardware problem.  Is there a way to canonically
determine whether the Wi-Fi hardware is properly integrated and working
correctly?

Regards,

Bob

--