[Gta04-owner] New SD card setup

Lionel Broche lionel.broche at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:12:00 CEST 2012

 Thanks! :)

I am now trying to adapt the script for QTMoko (I have little experience in
bash, so it may take me a little while).
I have a few more questions regarding the formatting of SD cards for QTmoko:

- from the sourceforge
site<http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/>I can see
that 3 or 4 partitions are required, depending if swap is
activated or not. First, do we need swap if we want to use sleep mode? (or
other features?)

- Also, how much memory is needed for partitions 2 and 3, on top of the
system files? Is QTMoko writing anything into partition 2 during use, or
does all the data go into partition 3?

- the wiki<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/qtmoko/index.php?title=Installation>and
the
beagleboard page<http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/wiki/LinuxBootDiskFormat>do
not mention a third partition for data (or the use of ext4 format). Is
that because they are not up to date or is this 4-partitions config not
really necessary?

- Is FAT32 necessary for partition 3? (I suspect it is...)

Cheers,

Lionel