[Gta04-owner] Experimental QtMoko/GTA04 build for armhf

Gilles Filippini gilles.filippini at free.fr
Fri Oct 5 23:45:53 CEST 2012

Neil Jerram a écrit , Le 05/10/2012 21:54:
> Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini at free.fr> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Neil Jerram a écrit , Le 05/10/2012 19:36:
>>> Could you also outline how to build QtMoko for armhf?  Presumably another toolchain is needed.
>>
>> Not sure about which method Radek uses, but there are some directions in
>> debian/README.source to build with pdebuild-cross.
>
> Thanks, I'll try that.

I've just booted my own first generated armhf installation (kernel /
rootfs / qtmoko), and the main features (phone + 3G) work well \o/

But I first had the error "/opt/qtmoko/qpe: no such file or directory"
while the binary is right there. It's because it looks for ld-linux.so.3
in /lib while there is only ld-linux-armhf.so.3.

readelf -a /opt/qtmoko/qpe says:
      [Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux.so.3]
whereas it says:
      [Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3]
for the distro's binaries.

I've had to create the symlink ld-linux.so.3 -> ld-linux-armhf.so.3 to
workaround the problem.

Radek, Neil, any idea about what could be wrong at the link step?

Thanks,

_g.