[Gta04-owner] Offering a present for Christmas

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 21:36:35 CEST 2012

On Thursday 04 October 2012 10:55:25 Sven Dyroff wrote:
> Hello Nikolaus,
> > The problematic part appears to correctly shut down the unused
> > components within the PMIC and the OMAP+PoP but keep suspend
> > to RAM work correctly. And maybe one or two of the peripheral
> > components are not shut down correctly (e.g. ITG3200, IrDA).
> > But those would be missing on the subpopulated device.
>
> It was just an idea. You're free to modify it if you find that another
> combination of a sub-populated board will help finding the cause for the
> needlessly power drainage. I only say: If you and a kernel developer come
> to the conclusion that it helps to make a subpopulated device and that its
> costs are max. 400 EUR, you may send me the bill. I hold this offer up to
> the end of November.

I admire the offer and hope there's someone to pick up the glove. I also like
Radeks idea of an extended-standby-distro.

I can't make the same offer as Sven, but I can extend it by €20-€30 (that is,
twenty to thirty euros, not twenty minus thirty...) in case there's a deal
breaker on the financial side. It might just ad a semi-broken UMTS-chip ;-)

Best regards and thanks,

Boudewijn