[Gta04-owner] Offering a present for Christmas

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Oct 4 11:02:23 CEST 2012

On Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:08:21 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> If you really power off the device (through the TPS65950) and have switched
> off the UMTS module correctly there is only the RTC and scanning of the
> power button left over, i.e. there are no consumers connected directly to
> the battery except the PMIC and the UMTS module.

I wonder if it would be possible for A5 model to connect also UMTS so that it
can power on the phone. I have tried RTC and it can power the phone on.

We could power the phone off instead of putting it in suspend in some
situations. The phone would have to boot on incoming call/sms, but this is not
big problem - some small optimized distro could handle this very fast. On the
other hand we could get standby times that no other phones have and make
GTA04/OpenPhoenux exceptional. I think this feature would rock for outdoor
trips or for holidays where you dont want to care about charging the phone
every day.

Regards

Radek