[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49 - Look and feel

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Tue Nov 27 15:57:30 CET 2012

Hello Nikolaus,

> You can and are encouraged to provide/develop your own distro that does
it
> better :)

Yes, theoretically. In praxis I'm already happy when understanding the
existing one so far as I need it.   ;-)

> If you really just want to test the U-Boot from SD, don't copy boot.scr
to the SD
> and rename u-boot.flash to u-boot.bin (the original u-boot.bin erases
the environment
> to get this unbricking behaviour).

Thank you! That's the information I needed. I think I've already seen it
in some mails from this list, but please forgive me that at that moment I
didn't understood what this concretely means for me. There're lots of
mails in this list and I cannot think about the concrete meaning of every
little technical detail discussed here.

> If that all does not fit your needs - we an open system.

Currently the biggest benefit of the "open system" for me is, that I can
discuss with the makers of the system. Especially that the answer of my
sometimes perhaps unsophisticated questions and remarks is not: "We did it
so and so because we earn the maximum possible amount of money with that!"
I'm aware of the fact that my opinion is only one of many. But I also know
that discussing with you is more senseful than discussing with call center
people of HTC, Apple or Samsung. So thank your for your patience and your
answer.

And please be forgiving with me, that my next action this evening will not
be to make an own distro, but to delete one file, rename another, and give
QtMoko v49 a chance to boot once again...

Best regards
   Sven