[Gta04-owner] No modem under QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Nov 27 13:03:36 CET 2012

On Monday, November 26, 2012 09:46:57 PM Bob Ham wrote:

> I seem to have a problem with my new GTA04 board.  The Option modem
> appears to be available under the default NAND Debian installation but not
> under QtMoko.

> If anybody could suggest a course of action it would be appreciated.

Hi,
i cant help very much here since i dont understand the kernel and the HW much
:(

I would try boot to NAND and then reboot first with the modem powered on and
then with the modem powered off that makes difference.

The modem can be powered from command line sending 0 or 1 to gpio186 - this is
described in gta04 manual, something like:

	echo 1 >/sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio186/value
	some sleep
	echo 0 >/sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio186/value

You can also try calling your number - when the modem is powered on it will
ring.

I'd also try removing battery and booting again.

But i really dont have much clue what next...

Regards

Radek