[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49 - Look and feel

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Tue Nov 27 12:08:53 CET 2012

>> - See QtMoko booting for unusual long time -> Slowly anger arises
again.
>> What's going wrong?
> I recall it's QtMokos' "initial setup", building databases and such.
Next time
> should be faster.

Ok, thanks! I'll remember when trying v50.

> As you say, I think it is good (and only useful) to have honest opinions
on
> the list (and in general life). I also think the project is a small
community
> with an even smaller number of people spending a lot of time (and fun)
in the
> project. I know you have been around quite a while, so I don't tell
anything
> new. No matter how honest the facts are, the flowery adjectives around
it may
> not improve someones willingness to share their improvements with the
> community.

Yes, I took into consideration how to avoid demotivating members of this
small community who do lots of great work. One the other hand, IIRC some
time ago there was a mail that complained unusual high permanent CPU
usage. So all in all I got the impression that perhaps more and more stuff
is being put into the device, regardless of usability. High spirits is not
always good. GTA04 is not a phone that you'll throw away once a year in
order to always get the latest, biggest and fastest successor, even in
case GD would tomorrow come out with an OMAP5 driven GTA05...

> Version 47 is really the most stable? I have installed version 48, but
> at the moment, I prefer a more stable release than a version with more
> features (my only phone is GTA04 and I use it daily).

To be concrete: For my needs it's the most stable one. No guarantee that
it has bugs that you can't live with.

Best regards
   Sven