[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 27 01:27:39 CET 2012

EdorFaus <edorfaus at xepher.net> writes:

> On 11/20/2012 10:47 PM, Neil Jerram wrote:
>> "arne anka" <openmoko at ginguppin.de> writes:
>>> hrm, yes ... clumsy.
>
>> I agree that it would be better to fix this bug :-)  I'm happy to point
>> anyone interested at the relevant code.  (I'd get to this eventually,
>> but I have several other priorities first.)
>
> I'm interested in taking a look, as it's rather annoying to me as
> well, since I have several different networks I'm near regularly, with
> a lot of others in the same areas. I still haven't gotten this to work
> right.

I believe the relevant code is a combination of too places in the
codebase: src/libraries/qtopiacomm/network/* and
src/plugins/network/lan/*.  FWIW this is a common pattern in QtMoko:
code in src/libraries makes up a set of infrastructure classes that are
relatively generic for the kind of thing one needs on a smartphone - but
not generic enough to go into the base Qt - and code in src/plugins and
src/applications implements particular applications for QtMoko.

For example, I think the background scan originates from
src/plugins/network/lan/roamingmonitor.cpp.

Regards,
        Neil