[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 09:08:09 CET 2012

On Monday 26 November 2012 06:39:59 Radek Polak wrote:
> On Sunday, November 25, 2012 07:10:51 PM EdorFaus wrote:
> > Of course, automatic rescanning can be nice in some circumstances - so
> > it could still be an option - but I'm not so sure it should be default,
> > and definitely shouldn't be mandatory like it is now. (Even if the bug
> > is fixed, if it rescans at the wrong time, it might move your intended
> > target just as you press it...)
>
> I think that it should be fixed in a way that once the network is displayed
> it will never change it's index. Just never remove the items, only update
> signal and append new entries at the end.

Perhaps it needs a key for the entry and a value for display order? In the
config I only see the index that defines the list order. It seems the list is
reordered (and the config updated) on every scan.

Adding that is quite a bit more work than changing the rescan-timeout, but it
should solve the issue. I must admit I only looked at the GUI, the config and
the symptoms because I don't know my way in C enough to find the right bit of
code. If this already is the current way it works, I'll keep my hands of the
keyboard and watch this thread silently ;-)

Boudewijn