[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Fri Nov 23 11:26:03 CET 2012

>> This was also my first thought, but it has one big disadvantage: If you

>> for some reason remove the MLO, then you need to reformat this
partition
>> in order to make it bootable with a new MLO again. This would mean that

>> you loose all your media data.
>
> Is MLO not in NAND now, making it a worry less in the general scheme of
> partitioning?

On my GTA04A4 NAND is still quite empty. I definitely like it to know that
the phone contains not one bit when SD card is removed. It gives me a very
strong feeling of being the master of all bits of my phone that no other
phone can provide. Please forget for one little moment the firmware within
the modem...   ;-))

But you're right. Everyone who has bootloader in NAND can forget the
separate p1. What I wanted to tell is:

a) I agree with Radek that one partition with distro-common/shared data
like media is needed and useful. I disagree with Nikolaus who suggests to
leave it away.

b) I suggest to place it *before* all distro-partitions. So you can do
severe reformatting/reorganizing of your partitions without loosing this
data.

Best regards
   Sven