[Gta04-owner] New GTA04 installation!

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Nov 20 11:37:28 CET 2012

Am 20.11.2012 um 11:15 schrieb Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk:

> On 11/19/2012 03:01 PM, "Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have finally received my GTA04 (thanks to all involved!), and I can
>> scream success as the installation went well!
>>
>> Here are some photos I took of the procedure:
>> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3678302890137.2124003.1651952049&type=1&l=cfec0c6c6a
>>
>> Now on to installing some software...
>
> Hi again,
>
> I've installed QtMoko and I have to say I'm impressed so far.
>
> Some things I've noticed:
>
> - GTA04 woke up from it's suspend fine today morning - yay! Though
> battery was getting empty, on my screen it said it was using 57mA in
> suspend. Is this expected or something with my device (I think everybody
> is still working on this, but I was under the impression we should get
> better values).

Do you have strong signal reception? If not, the Modem may try to re-register
with the network every now and then (if cars and airplanes modify the signal
strength) and therefore can't go down to the 3-10 mA mode very often.

BTW: it is even worse if the modem sees some base stations but they
don't receive the answers. I have seen the modem alternate every 30
seconds between 3-10 mA and 200 mA.