[Gta04-owner] New GTA04 installation!

"Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" beniwtv at relamp.tk
Tue Nov 20 11:15:45 CET 2012

On 11/19/2012 03:01 PM, "Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finally received my GTA04 (thanks to all involved!), and I can
> scream success as the installation went well!
>
> Here are some photos I took of the procedure:
> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3678302890137.2124003.1651952049&type=1&l=cfec0c6c6a
>
> Now on to installing some software...

Hi again,

I've installed QtMoko and I have to say I'm impressed so far.

Some things I've noticed:

- GTA04 woke up from it's suspend fine today morning - yay! Though
battery was getting empty, on my screen it said it was using 57mA in
suspend. Is this expected or something with my device (I think everybody
is still working on this, but I was under the impression we should get
better values).

- I've got phonetiq running with the default game - nice. However,
another app I've installed throws some error, which is truncated because
of the error box size. Is there any way to debug it in an ssh console?

- I got a battery low notice, so I've plugged in the USB cable from the
laptop. While SSH and so on now work, QtMoko seems to not have noticed -
no charging icon appears, even though the device appears to charge fine,
and the backlight stays on (via the default settings). Maybe it's just a
graphical bug.

- On a related note - the battery warning is quite scary, to be honest.
It 'seems' to terminate the program you're working in, gives you the
message, and afterwards turns you back to the program. The program isn't
really terminated, and nothing bad happens, but it's a definitive WTF.

- 3G is working - I get 400-700 kbit/s, depending on the network's mood
(I don't dare to ask more of the 3G net here, they're rubbish...). This
is on par with my Samsung Wave 3! (which incidentally almost hung itself
up doing the test, lol).

- Calls are working, so are SMS.

- NTP doesn't seem to work - even though I've set QtMoko to request
online time and it has been connected for some hours, time does not
update. Known problem or something on my device?

I still have to test a few things, I'll make sure to report back.

Ben