[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Nov 20 11:32:26 CET 2012

Hi Radek,

Am 20.11.2012 um 08:56 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Monday, November 19, 2012 10:39:19 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> There is no specific timing.
>>
>> Just press AUX before the power button and leave it pressed until
>> you see the graphical u-boot menu. Then, release the button (or leave
>> it pressed as long as you like :)
>
> I have finally managed to flash the new bootloader and i have to say i like it
> very much. Good work! Now i am working on the gta04-init changes.
>
> I have one question - would it be possible to trigger displaying the bootmenu
> e.g. when some file exists?
>
> Currently QtMoko has option "Reboot to bootmenu", it would be nice if it could
> reboot the phone to the uboot menu. It's not critical, just asking if there is
> simple way to implement it then it would be nice...

Hm. U-Boot can check for existence of files and can read them, but it can't
delete it after a single use.

I think that should be done or otherwise it will be difficult to boot without
menu if anything did go wrong.

Another option would be to set a flag in the u-boot environment. The
Linux kernel can mount it but I don't know if there is a debian tool to
manipulate it easily. I.e. a "set-uboot-env name value && save-uboot-env".