[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Nov 20 08:56:13 CET 2012

On Monday, November 19, 2012 10:39:19 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> There is no specific timing.
>
> Just press AUX before the power button and leave it pressed until
> you see the graphical u-boot menu. Then, release the button (or leave
> it pressed as long as you like :)

I have finally managed to flash the new bootloader and i have to say i like it
very much. Good work! Now i am working on the gta04-init changes.

I have one question - would it be possible to trigger displaying the bootmenu
e.g. when some file exists?

Currently QtMoko has option "Reboot to bootmenu", it would be nice if it could
reboot the phone to the uboot menu. It's not critical, just asking if there is
simple way to implement it then it would be nice...

> Maybe the main problem is that the new boot system is lacking a complete
> and easily understandable description.
>
> There are already some words in the latest GTA04A4 manual.

I guess it will take a few more weeks until people get used to it and start
using it.

Regards

Radek