[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Nov 19 10:07:23 CET 2012

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 07:18:05 PM arne anka wrote:

> - i don't use (atm at least) a SIM and thus no telephony at all. but after
> at least the first boot it took rather long time for the pin entry screen
> to disappear.

First boot can be quite slow - debian generates ssh host keys in background
and QtMoko is also indexing media files for the first time.

> also, i don't need either the recption bars in the top
> shelf/panel nor the phone button on the home screen. is it possible to
> disable completely and remove from GUI all things telephony related?
> i put the device in Airplabne Mode -- but that also disables BT and WLAN

You can edit the theme - or create new one. It's quite easy - look at
/opt/qtmoko/etc themes.

You can also edit /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env and change QTOPIA_PHONE=AT to
QTOPIA_PHONE=Dummy This will replace the phone stack with dummy
implementation.

> - the battery symbol in the upper right corner is only a red frame, no
> capacity indication. when connected to usb sometimes a flash symbol
> appears inside, but only for a short time and disappears again. battery is
> a default gat02 battery.

Hmm i would need to see contents of battery sysfs nodes in
/sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/

> EDIT: jsut noticed that pulseaudio was using 15-20% cpu, killed as in your
> answer to Neill and restarted, but with --system -D. now pulseaudio
> doesn't even appear in top (but runs!) and the system feels much more
> snappy and -- the flash symbold an read PWR led are there.

Hmm interesting, we need good pulseaudio configuration for next release. Maybe
--system would be good for us..

> - is it possible to configure the sizes of fonts/icons/shelves/panels
> sizes? for my taste fonts and icons are by far too large. and the
> shelves/panels (top with sip ball, time and battery, and bottom with
> options/back/...) are to large. too.

You can edit the theme. It should be possible to have different icon set with
smaller icons.

> - are thereshortcuts to toggle wlan/bt/gps? ideally in the top shelf
> besides battery and time

Unfortunetely not yet. I'd like to have them too...

> - cpu usage indicator -- is there a gadget that displays the cou usage in
> the top shelf?

AFAIK not, but it should be possible to implement one.

> bugs?
> - when terminal is open, there's no keyboard icon in footer to toggle
> keyboard

Yup, quite annoying, i took a look but havent figured out what is wrong yet...

> - pressing "AUX" writes "^@" in the upper row (disappears again after a
> while)

I know about this one too :)

> - "settings"->"startup flags", "usb connection mode": missing icons? whar
> i see is a "paper sheet" with a question mark

That usb connection mode thing is something from old days... Either we have to
find out what it does or remove it...

> again, thanks for the great work!

Thanks for trying it out :)

Regards