[Gta04-owner] The sound level changes with or without remote USB cable

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 21:24:54 CET 2012

On Monday 12 November 2012 20:57:08 EdorFaus wrote:
> On 11/11/2012 10:25 PM, Marc Langlois wrote:
> > But the main question is:
> > What is the difference between a call with or without USB cable ?
> > There must hardware and software differences.
>
> I can think of a possible workaround, but it's rather awkward: get hold
> of a USB battery pack, and plug it into the phone whenever you need to
> talk with someone. That is rather cumbersome and fragile (in that you
> have to remember to bring and recharge that external battery pack in
> addition to the phone itself), so it may not be worth it...

Another trouble to shoot: try making a call with the HW-validation distro. I
had problems with the microphone during calls (on GTA04A3, so somewhat
different hardware).

There would be no sound output from the microphone in QtMoko, but there was in
the HW-validation distro. In the HWvdistro I would have sound from the
microphone, and there's a dial-script as well.

I haven't been able to get SHR running with usable scaling lately, but you
could try that as well. At least, if one of the options work, you can exclude
an hardware error.

Best regards,

Boudewijn