[Gta04-owner] [Community] OpenPhoenux Prototype of GTA04 based7 inch tablet

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 20:42:41 CET 2012

Since the display is so demanding, maybe a hardware display power
switch is in order?  That way one can boot without the display on.

The backlight may be controlled by PWM, but may still demand a lot of power...
I was thinking USB 3.0 could solve the power issue.  We got lots of
extra space...
Or maybe just a normal power connector would be better since chargers that talk
USB 3.0 is not easy to find. I know I would want to charge it at work,
at home and
from the car...

I know some low power displayes, but they are either monochrome or
really slow (for ebooks) and with such a nice tablet it would be a
shame not to be able to watch videos.

Maybe also a bigger or double battery pack would help a little.