[Gta04-owner] [Community] OpenPhoenux Prototype of GTA04 based7 inch tablet

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Nov 7 14:12:30 CET 2012

Am 07.11.2012 um 14:02 schrieb Xavi Drudis Ferran:

>> So does anyone know a really low power backlight display
>> module with these key features:
>>

> 2 W is low power ?
> should be readable without it, at 0.5 W but I don't know if you
> can control how it boots.
>
>> * 7 inch
>
> yes
>
>> * WVGA (or better)
>
> 1024x600
>
>> * integrated touch (resistive or capacitive)
>
> not integrated, I think. :( but maybe asking...
>
>> * can be bought @ some distributor (i.e. not by disassembling
>> a Nexus 10 :)
>
> There's one in Bavaria, apparently.
>
> Congratulations ,can't watch video now.
>
> PixelQi has 7" panels (but only 10" kits for hobbyst, apparently)
> I presume it must be expensive, but maybe since low number of units means
> expensive already, it would be a way to justify the high price, I don't know.
>
> http://www.display-solution.com/en/products/tft_displays/pixelQI.html
> http://pixelqi.com/distributors
>
> Also in the faq they say they're not open hardware but kind of would like
> to bé ? I didn't understand.

I have found the data sheet, so there isn't any missing information
to build a device around it.

<http://www.densitron.com/uploadedfiles/ProtectedDocuments/PQ070WS01%20V1.7%2020120214%20final.pdf>

Unfortunately it is specified to draw 300 mA @ 5 V and this
translates to 500 mA @ 3.5V (i.e. almost empty battery).

So this appears not to be really better (at least in worst case power consumption)
than the Sharp LQ070 we use in the prototype:

<http://www.sharp.net.au/cms/articles/439/files/LQ070Y3DG3B.pdf>

> Anyway, I can't afford any other GTA gadget, so my opinion does not count, I guess.

Opinions are invaluable! And even if you can't afford some gadget (now),
an open community lives from people adding information to discussions
to improve everything. Even if they don't use it for themselves.

Tnx,