[Gta04-owner] gps and compass

Rico Rommel rico at bierrommel.de
Sat Nov 3 11:21:58 CET 2012

Hi,

I recently got my gta04 and have some trouble with gps and hmc5883.

kernel is v3.5, gpsd is v3.6

gpsd in sirf mode doesn' get a fix.
If i stop gpsd and run gpsmon /dev/ttyO1 it uses nmea mode and gets a fix after
a few seconds. After that gpsd gets a fix in sirf mode too. It works until
battery is removed. After removing battery I have to run gpsmon again to make
it work.

And second, how the hmc5883 sensor can be used?
Values, read for examle from /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device1/in_magn_y_raw,
do not change, if the device is moved.

thanks

Rico