[Gta04-owner] qwerty keyboard

George Refseth george.refseth at arxi.no
Thu Nov 1 13:56:25 CET 2012

On 11/01/2012 12:58 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 01.11.2012 um 12:51 schrieb Radek Polak:
>
>> On Thursday, November 01, 2012 11:55:34 AM George Refseth wrote:
>>
>>> Since for normal people only one side of the phone can be viewed at any
>>> one time,
>>> the backside should be used for typing and/or strokes and cursor/pointer
>>> movement.
>> I had this idea too :) I think this could be doable and quite unique solution.
>>
>>> Anyone interested in joining in on a prototype project?
>> This could be in fact very easy to prototype. I have bluetooth keyboard. I can
>> glue it to the backcover of GTA04 and see how it works.
> It is planned for the next PCB design (GTA04A5) to add a small 6 pin FFC
> connector for such experiments. It will have an 1.8V I2C, 1.8V, Reset and
> an Keyboard Interrupt line. This is optimized for a TCA8418 keyboard controller
> but other use is possible.

I was thinking of something more like a multi-touch pad, and not a
predefined fixed keyboard, especially since it is flipped and depending
on circumstance would have to be operated with different numbers of
fingers/hands, the feedback would be visual from the display or audio.
It would then be sleeker and not need protection/care as would a keyboard.

Basically a high resolution multi-touch screen without the screen.

A dark glass bonded to this 4"3 and glued to the backside of a Neo?, it
has a i2c interface and it can take 10 simultaneous touches.
http://www.ocularlcd.com/library/drawings_plus/F043-00224-199.pdf
spec here:
http://www.ocularlcd.com/library/specs_crystal_touch/true_multi_touch_plus.pdf

cheers,