[Gta04-owner] GTA04 Production Status

Folken folken at kabelsalat.ch
Thu Nov 1 11:08:15 CET 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 08:51:23PM +0100, Christoph wrote:
> >  .------------------.
> >/                    \
> >| +-----------------+ |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| |                 | |
> >| +-----------------+ |
> >|                     |
> >| q w e r t y u i o p |
> >| a s d f g h j k l ; |
> >| z x c v b n m , .   |
> >\____________________/
> >

> >Anyone like this?
> I think this is a great idea! It's much easier to use, I think.

As an avid qwerty hardware keyboard on mobile device fan.. HW keyboards
are not that easy to get right.

Best HW keyboards so far:
* Zaurus 5500 (Raised keys, with large spaces around it. The device can
be held in both hands, and both thumbs can type great.
* Orange SPV M5000 (Easy to hit keys, one just slides across the surface
and easly makes out the keys)
* Zaurus SL-3000 (Well spaced, with great feedback)

The worst:
* Motorolla Milestone (I can't type on this one)
* Nokia n810  (Hard to press keys and you have to depress them into the
device)
* HTC Desire Z (more or less ok, but still high error rate)
* Palm Centro (more or less ok, but still high error rate)

I'd have a good look at the old zaurus and think of a similar system.

just my babbling...
 - Folken